Friday 20 January 2012

President Obama Sings Al-Green (1/20/2011)

President Obama has a message to his donors: Let's stay together.

While speaking Thursday night during a fundraiser at the historic Apollo Theater in Harlem, the commander in chief showed off some impressive singing abilities. After mentioning that soul legend Rev. Al Green was at the event, Obama belted out a short rendition of Green's classic hit "Let's Stay Together."

"I...I'm so in love with you," sang the President.

Obama then playfully pointed backstage and explained, "those guys didn't think I would do it. I told you I was gonna do it." Addressing Green in the audience, Obama said, "Don't worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation."

ABC News explains that about 1,400 supporters attended the event, which included performances from Al Green and India.Arie. As Politico reports, Obama likely raised at least $3.1 million from his various New York fundraisers on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment